Occupational Health and Safety – City and Guilds NVQ Level 3
NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides essential occupational health and safety knowledge and skills, from conducting risk assessments to introducing procedures and promoting a culture of health and safety in the workplace for those who are responsible for or looking to start a career in health and safety in an organisation in any industry.
Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety will develop the competency for those who wish to develop skills and knowledge in the application of occupational health and safety good practice within the workplace. It guides candidates to apply health and legislative requirements in a systematic fashion.
It is for individuals who have a responsibility for health and safety.
To achieve the Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, learners must achieve a total of 31 credits. Learners will need to obtain all 23 credits from the mandatory units (301-305).
Mandatory Units Credits City & Guilds Unit Code:-
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety. 4 301
- Develop procedures to safely control work operations. 4 302
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations. 5 303
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace. 4 304
- Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace. 6 305
Learners will also need to obtain a minimum of 8 credits from the Optional Units (306-309).
Optional Units Credits City & Guilds Unit Code:-
- Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace 5 306
- Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment 4 307
- Review health and safety procedures in the workplace 4 308
- Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace 4 309
How Is The Course Delivered?
The course takes one year to complete.
We have a number of options for the method of delivery which include:
- Nine group theory sessions followed by focused mentor support and assessment;
- Client bespoke – i.e. group theory sessions over two consecutive weeks, two days the first week and two days the following week.
As an established course provider, COTW Training are accredited with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), City and Guilds and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
This course is delivered by our experienced trainers who have extensive Health, Safety and Environmental experience in their field.
A certificate is issued by City and Guilds denoting successful achievement of the course.
£1250.00 plus VAT per person
TBA with the client